Servings: 4 (1 cup= 1 serving)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ¾ pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the onion and garlic and cook a few minutes until the onion is soft.
- Next add the ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to help crumble.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings to the turkey. Stir well to combine and then simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy with a light arugula salad.
Calories: 206 calories per serving and gluten-free!